A Look Behind the Scenes
One thing I have not shared is I’m a facilitator of The Quest Project®. I am in the “trenches” with the boys that come to see me. I do this work myself, I’m good at it. I know how to quickly uncover and get to the wound an adolescent boy carries. Since 2000 I have facilitated over 2000 adolescent boys in their growth and healing!
In recent discussions with several organizations that want to bring The Quest Project® to their city, they were amazed that “I” would be working with the boys. There was an assumption that I would send staff and oversee the work. Not the case! I don’t fly in and spend an hour doing a keynote speech to kick things off and leave the work to someone else, I do the work- it’s my mission! Someday I will have a protégé, in the meantime, I am the one to get this done.
Over the last 2 years, I have given you glimpses into who I am, how I was raised and my journey to doing what I do today.
A quick recap of my education:
- Completed my Bachelors in Psychology in 1994,
- earned a Masters in Counseling; Thesis topic: “The Effect of Initiation and Mentoring on Adolescent Boys” (Lessor, C., 1998) in 1998, published in peer-reviewed journal “Role of Deceased Mentors in the Ongoing Lives of Protégés,” Omega: Journal of Death and Dying (Lessor, C., & Marwit, S., 2000),
- became a Licensed Professional Counselor in 1999.
This was during a military career and engineering degree! Fast forward to present day: I’ve been in the counseling profession over 25 years and will be confirmed with my PhD in Education; Dissertation topic: “Difference of a Counselor Facilitated Adolescent Boys Group on Behavior” (Lessor, C., 2017) in just a few short months.
I Am On a Mission With No Time to Waste
How I make a difference:
- Facilitate two or three age-appropriate The Quest Project® groups a week in St. Louis.
- Facilitate The Quest Project® at a local school district with fifty adolescent boys.
- In addition, I have begun facilitating The Quest Project® in other cities over an intensive weekend to reach more boys.
In my spare time, I am researching, analyzing and preparing for the next steps that will help these young men and their parents.
To Create Healthy Lifestyles by Teaching, Facilitating, Example, and Writing!
What’s your mission? Not sure?
Learn more about missions and their importance: